I’ve been enjoying DLO’s Portable Speakers for iPhone since I got my hands on them a couple of months ago.
The DLO iPhone speakers are compact, (reasonably) portable and surprisingly powerful. Yet there are a few things I believe DLO can do to improve this promising iPhone accessory.
Watch my video review below to see where the DLO portable speakers for iPhone excel, and where they fall short.
DLO Portable Speakers for iPhone – Pros
- Speakers and dock snap into a ball that is easy to travel with
- Dock holds iPhone in both vertical and landscape orientations
- No interference from the iPhone’s cellular signal
- Sleek & attractive design
- Optional battery power for increased portability
- Reasonably priced at $50
DLO Portable Speakers for iPhone – Cons
- Power adapter and iPhone stand must be packed up separately
- Wrapping up the many cables is annoying
- Dock does not charge your iPhone, even though this feature could be easily incorporated
- Not good for speaker-phone conversations, since the caller hears an echo of their voice
Some more photos:
Thank you to Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) for providing a test unit of these speakers for review.
If you’ve used the DLO portable iPhone speakers yourself, I would love to hear your experience in the comments.
[Update: Gordon Remo of iWorldAustralia, a DLO distributer, informed us in the comments that DLO was bought out by Phillips. So the portable speakers for iPhone still exist, only they are now owned by Phillips. Thanks for the update, Gordon. ]