Update: I expressed my love for this case when it was in the concept stages (see photo below). Now that it’s been released, it looks nothing like the original design, and it’s actually quite hideous. I hope Proporta runs with the original design someday instead of this ugly crap (shown above).
I’m really digging this Proporta iPhone case, which conforms to the iPhone’s rounded edges and encloses all but the touchscreen (so you can still use it).
And I’m not sure but that gray ridge on the left side of the Proporta case (see photo) looks like a button for easily snapping off the enclosure. That would be cool.
Features, from the Proporta site:
- Shock absorbent
- Contrasting Aluminium backing with tough, scratch-resistant, anodized finish
- Cutouts give access to ports and controls
- Secure closure prevents accidental opening
- Double hinge allows case to be folded through 360 degrees
- Optional, removable belt clip attachment
Unlike some so-called “iPhone cases” already out on the market, which are nothing more than rebranded mobile phone cases that just happen to fit the iPhone, this Proporta iPhone case is still in the concept stages until the iPhone comes out in June.
Proporta does sell a similar case for the 2GB iPod Nano, though. So now it’s simply a matter of adapting it to the iPhone.