How to Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 with iOS Version 4.2.5 Using Greenpois0n
Warning: Jailbreak at your own risk. Please exercise caution and read the comments, as these jailbreak instructions are not guaranteed to work.
If you have another iPhone version, then see my ultimate guide on how to jailbreak your iPhone to find the proper instructions.
This tutorial contains jailbreak instructions for both Windows and Mac users, using Greenpois0n.
Windows & Mac Users
- Verizon iPhone 4
- Firmware: 4.2.5 (check your version in Settings » General » About)
- iTunes 10.4
- Download 4.2.6 IPSW.
- Download Greenpois0n RC5 b4 (Windows or Mac)
1. First, you must update your iPhone to version 4.2.6. To do this, open iTunes and click your iPhone device in the left sidebar. Then hold the Option key and click the Restore button in iTunes. Browse for the 4.2.6 IPSW that you previously downloaded and let iTunes update your iPhone software.
2. After your iPhone is updated, turn it off and plug it in via USB. Close iTunes and open Greenpois0n.
3. Click Jailbreak and follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
4. Once the Jailbreak is finished, your iPhone will reboot. Open the new “Loader” app on your screen.
5. Then touch Cydia to install it.
6. If you would like to remove the Loader app, open Loader, go to Options and touch Remove Loader app.
Was your jailbreak successful? Please post questions and suggestions in the comments.