How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS With iOS Version 4.3.2 Using Redsn0w.
Warning: Jailbreak at your own risk. Please exercise caution and read the comments, as these jailbreak instructions are not guaranteed to work.
See my comprehensive iPhone Jailbreak guide for instructions on jailbreaking another iPhone version.
This tutorial contains jailbreak instructions for both Windows and Mac users, using Redsn0w. This is a tethered jailbreak, which means that you will need to redo the jailbreak each time your iPhone reboots (you will not lose your data each time.)
Windows & Mac Users
- iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS
- Firmware: 4.3.2 (check your version in Settings » General » About)
- iTunes 10.2.1
- iOS 4.3.1 IPSW (iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS)
- Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 (Windows or Mac) Update Apr 30, 2011: Download links have been updated to the current version, as recommended by readers in the comments.
1. Open Redsn0w, click Browse and select the iOS 4.3.1 file that you previously downloaded.
2. Click Install Cydia and hit Next.
3. With your iPhone off and the USB cable plugged in, click Next.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Your iPhone will restart and be fully jailbroken.
5. Note: This is a tethered jailbreak, meaning you will have to redo the jailbreak each time that you reboot your iPhone. To do so, simply click the “Just Boot Tethered Right Now” option in Redsn0w.
Was your jailbreak successful? Please post questions and suggestions in the comments.
15 thoughts on “Jailbreak iPhone 4.3.2 for iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS (Windows & Mac)”
cant find the ios 4.3.1 ipsw file
does Tethered mean conencted by cable to a pc/mac or is the internet tethering? All this chat about not running apps in background – doesn’t 4.3.3 do this already? Some things are best left the way there were made!?
I tried to erase everything on my iPhone. It was already unlocked. I restored it to the factory settings and now it won’t allow me to do anything. How can I unlock my iPhone again?
Worked like a treat. Thank u.
redsnow wouldn’t open the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW file 🙁
a quick one
jailbreak my iphone will erase datas on it ? (emails, musique, docs and images)
thanks and regards
I had an 3G iPhone with 4.2 OS that I previously jailbroke with RedSnow. No I bought an iPhone 4 with 4.3.2 and I want to move all my data and apps over to my new iPhone.. Can I just restore from my iTunes sync or will that cause me problems? Will it be automatically jailbroken?
Does anyone know the program “bootlace”? It doesn’t work on my iPhone. I installed it through Cydia & when I try to open it it says “Bootlace does not support this device.” What’s wrong & what should I do to make it work?
Cydia tries to open but closes the next second. Could anyone help me plz?
I installed a newer redsn0w version, now it works! Thanx everyone for useful comments!
I think the problem we’re all having is that the info posted here is already outdated.
I was stuck with the same problem, white (blank) Cydia icon, pushing it did nothing. I had to get the latest version of redsnow, rc14, and the latest iOS firmware, 4.3.2 and ran it like that. Everything worked perfectly although the phone seems to be running hotter than before.
I suggest you guys and gals go and find the latest version of redsnow and try again.
it seems to work but cydia dosnt install correctly. every time i try to open cydia the screen goes white and it closes out. plus the icon artwork for cydia dosnt show up.
Yeah I get that problem too :/
This happens because you didn’t boot your device tethered (it happens only when you boot your device normaly) without using the boot program or using red snow and then choose just boot tethered.
Hope that was helpful