Apple recently boasted about Twitter integration on the upcoming iOS 5, but what if we had gotten Facebook integration instead?
iPhone already lets you link your friends’ profile pictures to their contact information in your phone, but Facebook features are otherwise restricted to the Facebook app itself.
Below are 7 Facebook features that we could have had if Apple had gone through with Facebook, instead of Twitter, integration on iOS 5:
- Add a friend on Facebook through your Contacts.
- Post a photo to your Wall or to a friend’s Wall directly from the Photos app.
- Get updates in your status bar about incoming Facebook messages, comments, and other Facebook Notifications.
- Post to Facebook systemwide.
- Check into Facebook Places in the Maps app.
- Facebook Chat integration in Phone or Messages.
- Link Facebook Events into your iPhone Calendar.
No one knows for sure why Apple chose to integrate Twitter and not Facebook as a core part of the iOS platform, but one thing is certain: Facebook integration would be a much-valued feature for many users, and potential users, of the iPhone.
I use Twitter and will appreciate Twitter integration on iOS 5, but Facebook integration would have been even better, in my opinion.
What Facebook features would you like to see integrated into the iPhone?
1 thought on “7 Features iPhone Could Have Had if iOS 5 Got Facebook Integration”
Where can we send a note to to let apple know about fb integration? Or how about you start a petition we can sign and then you send it to apple?