There’s an image going around the Twitterverse that purports to be a promotional poster from behind the scenes of today’s WWDC, and according to the image the next iPhone is called the “iPhone HD.”
Is it Real?
In my opinion, there’s no way this is Apple’s design. Here’s why, based on my own judgment and what some people on Twitter have pointed out:
- The font used for the “iPhone HD” headline is much too bold, and the letter spacing is oddly wide.
- “smarter, better, faster” is lower case and missing punctuation, unlike most copy used on Apple.com.
- The multicolored iPhones in the bottom left corner are not centered.
- Why would Apple use the BACK of the iPhone as the photo’s main focal point?
- The subtle swirling lines in the image suggest this is a photo of someone’s computer screen.
Smells like a shameless hoax to me. What do you think? Is the poster certainly real or an obvious fake?