How to Jailbreak Verizon iPhone with iOS Version 4.2.8 Using Redsn0w.
Warning: Jailbreak at your own risk. Please exercise caution and read the comments, as these jailbreak instructions are not guaranteed to work.
Note: If you would like to jailbreak another iPhone version, visit my guide to iPhone Jailbreak.
This tutorial contains jailbreak instructions for both Windows and Mac users, using Redsn0w. This is an untethered jailbreak.
Windows & Mac Users
- Verizon iPhone 4
- Firmware: 4.2.8 (check your version in Settings » General » About)
- iTunes 10.4
- iOS 4.2.8 IPSW (iPhone 4 (Verizon))
- Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 (Windows or Mac)
1. Open Redsn0w, click Browse and select the iOS 4.2.8 file that you previously downloaded.
2. Click Install Cydia and hit Next.
3. With your iPhone off and the USB cable plugged in, click Next.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Your iPhone will restart and be fully jailbroken.
Was your jailbreak successful? Please post questions and suggestions in the comments.